Here is why tapping into social media is the cost effective way to keep attract and retain customers.
Social Media has become intertwined in our lives
- Users spend an average of 30 minutes per day on Facebook
- Between 49 and 90 percent of web users have made a purchase based on information they received on a social media site
- 76% of people visit social media sites
- 49% pf people display brand loyalty online
- More than 350 million people access Facebook through their
- 66% of blog readers say a mention online influences their decision to buy
- An average of 190 Million Tweets occur per day on Twitter
- 48 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute of every day
As more people have adopted Social Media, it has become a major player in marketing and advertising for businesses.
Companies are connecting with their fans and potential customers in the following ways:
- 88% of US companies over 100 employees will use social media for marketing by 2012 (Source: eMarketer, November 2010)
- 71% use Facebook
- 59% use Twitter
- 50% use Blogger
- 33% use You Tube
Why Invest in Social Media? It’s where your potential customers are!
- 75.5% of the US population uses the internet (Source: eMarketer, January 2011)
- 57% of people talk more online than they do in real life. (Source: Alex Trimpe via Ogilvy — February 21, 2011, ThinkQuarterly, Google)
- 70% of smartphone users use their device while shopping in-store. (Source: Google/OTX, The Mobile Movement, U.S, Apr 2011)
- 53% of searchers purchase as a result of a smartphone search. (Source: Google/OTX, The Mobile Movement, U.S, Apr 2011)
- A study of 1,000 men and women found that 71% of them were influenced to make a purchase because a friend or family member suggested it online.
You can take part in the conversation. Give us a call and get started today!